*Updated with Placement ids* So you are an existing eBay affiliate and want to migrate your links and banners as quickly as possible? Hopefully this guide will help you through the steps needed.
1. Create a new account on eBay Partner Network by registering at https://www.ebaypartnernetwork.com; use the same name as your old account if possible to help us during migration.
2. When you register you will be applied to all eBay country programs. You'll need to check your acceptance status in the 'Programs' tab to make sure you are accepted for the countries you want to promote. Being part of the global eBay programs will give you access to our great new geotargeting tools.
3. Remember to enter your payment details to make sure we can pay you. You must use a local bank account to the country where the address you are registering is located.
4. The most basic way to migrate your links and banners is to just create new ones via the interface and replace your old ones.
Creatives: By going to the 'Tools' tab you can grab our new creatives. We recommend you replace existing creatives with our new optimized creatives.
RSS/Editor Kit: More details to follow; again the easiest way is to recreate the code sniplets via the 'Tools' tab.
Custom URL Links: You are probably wondering how the actual link structure compares to our old one if you're manually migrating these. We recommend using the link generator tool get an understanding of the full power and structure of the new links but if you do want to still manually migrate then...
We are still using the 'Rover' links but we have new parameters in the links which need the values updating.
- placementid determines which ePN program you are promoting and is not optional
- campid is an id which you can generate in the interface to allow you to segment your efforts . The campid is similar to the PID you used before but you will need to create new campids and map the two if you want to track performance pre/post migration. You can bulk create campids in the 'campaign' tab by uploading a text file to the interface. We create a default campaign for you so this field is not optional.
- customid is a 256 character custom field for you to dynamically sub-segment your campaigns at the transaction level which is similar to a SID. Because you can put any value into this field you can migrate your existing SID's into customids. This field is optional.
- toolid determines which tool, link or creative you are using and replaces the old AID. This will be given to you within the interface when you are generating links; note the toolid for the Link Generator (the new flexible destination tool) is 10001. Not optional.
- mpre= is followed by a url encoded eBay destination url. Have a look here for more details on url encoding.
For example an existing UK link would migrate from...
Geotargeted links: One benefit of creating new links rather than modifying existing links is you can use our fantastic new 'geotargeting' capabilities for keyword searches and individual items. When you check the 'geotarget' box as you generate links, we will detect where user is currently located and send them to their local eBay site via the correct tracking link; you'll greatly improve your conversion rate by doing this. The 'default' program selection tell use where to send the user if they live in a country without an eBay site (e.g. Mexico).
Finally if you are a developer and are using either the Shopping or Trading API's please refer to the following for details for updating your code or application.
*eBay Partner Network is not responsible for the content of external internet sites
eBay US 711-53200-19255-0 eBay AU 705-53470-19255-0 eBay BE 1553-53471-19255-0 eBay CA 706-53473-19255-0 eBay ES 1185-53479-19255-0 eBay FR 709-53476-19255-0 eBay HK 3422-53475-19255-0 eBay IN 4686-53472-19255-0 eBay IT 724-53478-19255-0 eBay NL 1346-53482-19255-0 eBay SG 3423-53474-19255-0 eBay UK 710-53481-19255-0 Half US 8971-56017-19255-0