eBay recently launched a Diamond Ring Designer (US only) so that buyers can now build unique engagement rings quickly and easily!
What was once a rather daunting task, finding a wonderful engagement ring is now simple on eBay.
With the ability to choose up to five diamonds and five ring settings, buyers can mix and match selections to customize their dream ring. Unlike retail jewelry stores, eBay’s diamond selection is virtually limitless. The Diamond Ring Designer allows buyers to choose from thousands of certified diamonds, selecting the shape, size, cut, color and contrast. Once the buyer has selected up to five diamonds, the next step is to pick as many as five settings to compare. Once the choices have been made, only on eBay can the buyers then mix and match their stored diamonds and settings for creating the perfect ring. Buyers can also use the Diamond Ring Designer to shop for certified loose diamonds.
With the launch of this new tool comes many added benefits in the quality and value of the diamonds offered, such as:
- Significantly increased number of certified, high-quality diamonds from reputable grading labs.
- A world-class experience for the buyer without taking them off of the site during the buying process, which increases conversion rates. The new experience better meets customer expectations of an online diamond buying experience.
- Only qualified and vetted sellers are allowed to participate. Additionally, a Returns Policy is now offered.
- An independent third-party lab confirms that the diamond being sent to the buyer is the diamond that the buyer purchased.
- Shipping is FREE! In addition to free shipping, the ring is insured by the seller during the shipping process.
Announcing eBay’s “Build Your Bling” Contest – Win a Diamond Ring Worth $25,000!
This exciting contest kicks off February 8th. Contest participants will need to register at diamonds.ebay.com, where they will customize and upload their unique ring design. With eBay’s Share function, which houses over fifty social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, Flickr and MySpace, entrants will be able to share the news about their ring and encourage voting, since the winner of “Build Your Bling” will be determined by public poll. The designer of America’s most popular ring will win their one of a kind engagement ring. Voting is open for two weeks, culminating February 19. Be sure to share the contest details with your visitors!
With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, now is the right time to tell your visitors about the unique benefits of eBay’s new Diamond Ring Designer and the Build Your Bling Contest!
The eBay Partner Network Team