We found the article The Four Pillars of Building Instant Trust Online by Tim Ash to be very helpful when building a plan of action to increase consumer trust in your website. Here are some ways that you can implement Tim’s advice for building trust while promoting eBay:
- Make sure your visitors know about eBay’s Buyer Protection. When buyers know that eBay will covers their purchase price, including original shipping costs, in the event that they do not receive their item, or it is not as described, they will feel more confident in making their purchase.
- Inform your customers about the positive features of using PayPal as a payment option for eBay products. In addition to the buyer protection plan, PayPal offers a safe environment to pay either by credit card or direct from your bank account, making secure payments convenient to all buyers.
- When promoting items from a particular seller, you can display reviews from previous buyers to build trust in that seller’s store.
- There are many ways in which you can include Tim’s “Objective Numbers” when it comes to eBay. Here are a few examples:
- As of Q1 2010, eBay has 90 million active users worldwide.
- In 2009, the total worth of goods sold on eBay was $60 billion -- $2,000 every second.
- You can find other statistics on trends and hot items on eBay Pulse or through Terapeak (subscription required).
Applying these tactics, along with eBay’s everyday low prices, will help you to achieve success and grow your revenue!
To your continued success, The eBay Partner Network Team