Now that the holiday shopping frenzy is at full-throttle, we thought it might be helpful to provide some data on what some of the hottest trends and sale items on eBay were for Cyber Monday. Our friend Richard Brewer-Hay over at eBay Ink shared some of the highlights in a post yesterday. Some things that stuck out to me included:
- Shoppers in the U.S. spent two and a half times more via eBay Mobile this Cyber Monday than last year
The five most popular categories shopped via eBay Mobile, excluding vehicles (by GMV)
1. Clothing, Shoes & Accessories 2. Computers & Networking 3. Jewelry & Watches 4. Collectibles 5. Sporting Goods
The five most popular categories shopped via eBay Mobile, excluding vehicles (by sold items)
1. Clothing, Shoes & Accessories 2. Collectibles 3. Jewelry & Watches 4. Cell Phones & PDAs 5. Toys & Hobbies
The top items purchased via eBay Mobile in specific categories were:
1. Toms Classic Shoes 2. UGG Australia Classic Short Shoes 3. Converse All Star Chuck Taylor Shoes
1. iPhone Accessories 2. NetGear WNDR3300 270 Wireless N Router 3. Apple iPhone 4 – 16GB
Toys & Hobbies:
1. Stomp Rocket Jr. Glow Kit 2. Black Wolf Twin Propeller 2-Channel Remote Control Helicopter 3. Mattel Cruncher Prehistoric Pets Interactive Dinosaur
You can get more data and insight by visiting http://www.eBayInc.com/holidaymedia
We hope that you're seeing a nice uptick in revenue as the holiday season continue to pick up the pace. Understanding what consumers are shopping for and how they're completing those transactions can help you to make small tweaks to what you're promoting and how you promote it. We hope you find this helpful.
If you've noticed any particular trends or have insight you'd like to share, please leave us a comment below.