An effective website that successfully attracts and converts customers doesn’t happen by accident. Many publishers will tell you they owe their success to testing and optimization, yet for many others, the practice remains uncharted territory. To help publishers better understand and invest in successfully converting customers, eBay Partner Network teamed up with Optimizely to share insights and best practices into the topic of testing and optimization.
In case you missed it, here’s a taste of what was discussed:
- The average consumer sees nearly 250 marketing messages per day
- The best way to realize the improvement that consumers are demanding is to use DATA to deliver the RIGHT EXPERIENCES to capture attention
- Companies generally pour over 99% of their budgets into acquiring users rather than better monetizing these users
- The world’s leading digital brands have been using testing & personalization -– optimization – for decades.
- Code.org Case Study: Grew faster than Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn & Twitter combined and saw a 40% increase in participant due to simple copy experimentation.
- DMV.org Case Study: Increased revenue 2x two years in a row through testing and optimization by running 500+ tests per year.
- Optimization flips the traditional approach to marketing upside-down, focusing on widening the bottom of the funnel instead of the very top
- Test a variety of things including: audiences, calls-to-action, value propositions, colors, visuals, content…
- One size does not fit all! It’s important to understand your key audience; iterate, iterate, iterate - continue testing and experimenting
Here are the slides:
The topic was clearly a popular one, so be sure and stay tuned – we’ll have more to come here on the blog. In the meantime, we hope this gives you a better understanding of how to get started optimizing for better customer conversions.
To get started right away, you can sign up for a free Optimizely account here.
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave them in the comments section below.