We’re in the holiday homestretch, but there’s still plenty of shopping going on through to the end of the year. In fact, one of Deloitte’s major findings in its annual holiday shopping survey is that the buying goes well beyond gifts; 50% of people say they shop for themselves while buying for others, and 38% plan on taking advantage of holiday sales to purchase non-holiday items. And regardless of whether a retailer is online, or bricks and mortar, “digital influence is one of the strongest cards to play this holiday season.”
We know you’re busier than ever this holiday season, so we wanted to share these quick tips to help you maximize your earning potential during the busiest retail time of the year.
EPN tools at your fingertips boost your productivity & save you precious time
- Turn your site into a professional affiliate marketing machine and work smart, not hard, with our new Smart Links -- code that you simply cut and paste on your site that automatically converts all links (existing and future) to eBay into personalized, affiliate tracking links -- and Smart Placements’ dynamic, retargeting display banner ads.
- Pull listings into your site in real time with our customizable RSS Feed Generator, and easily filter by commissionable deals, occurrence, listing date, price, and more.
- Deck your virtual halls with our Holiday Creatives.
*Helpful Hint: Make sure you’re placing graphics strategically to grab attention and increase click-throughs to eBay.
Guarantees, techniques & data-driven insights help you grab more commissions, faster
- Use our data to discover the season’s hottest holiday gifts and trends as they emerge: bookmark our Trending Items page to see what people are searching for and buying, at a premium.
- Highlight Guaranteed Delivery, which ensures delivery on 23+ million products in the U.S. in three days or less -- no membership necessary.
- Leverage our other important brand promises: eBay Authenticate and our Price Match and Money Back Guarantees.
- Use these 7 techniques to close sales quicker and supercharge your commissions this holiday season.
Search engine optimization makes you discoverable, and when done right, more profitable
- Check out the 7 most common SEO mistakes and easily fix any that you’re making.
- Take it one step further and implement these expert SEO tips from Stephan Spencer.
- If you’re still struggling to recover from Google’s algorithm updates earlier this year, use Google’s Ad Experience Report to pinpoint problem areas to address ASAP.
Use social media to target key audiences and increase your visibility -- and conversions
- Make sure you’ve picked the best social channels for your business.
- Boost your Facebook posts like a pro to get maximum exposure on a minimum budget.
- Use these expert tips on how to use social media to attract and convert buyers.
More you can do to promote & grow your business this holiday season
- Review your 4th Quarter affiliate marketing plan, and make sure you’re producing content that solves your readers’ problems and challenges.
- Leverage our marketing efforts to amplify your own, for example, by using our Holiday Home page for content inspiration and as a great place to drive traffic.
- Use our data to turn more clicks into high paying conversions.
- Earn double commissions by converting high-quality buyers (first time and reactivated after 12 months of not buying something on eBay).
- Be sure you know the new FTC disclosure guidelines and take this expert legal advice to be sure you’re safeguarding your business.
We’re constantly adding posts to our blog to bring you the latest in EPN tools and smart marketing tips -- keep your toolkit up to date by bookmarking our blog page and following our weekly email digests!