One advantage that eBay has compared to other retailers is its depth and breadth of product. With over a billion listings, it’s one of the only places in the world to find such a wide range of product: 81% of which are brand new, and 87% of which are offered at a fixed price.
In this episode of EPN TV, John Toskey talks about some of the most interesting items that have sold on eBay. Recent highlights include:
· A Power Lunch with Warren Buffett raised $3.45 million for eBay Charity
· An Aventador 2-door Lamborghini Convertible sold for $659,800
· A 3-carat Tiffany & Co. Platinum Round Diamond Solitaire Ring sold for $60,000
· A Hermes Birkin Handbag went for $38,000
· A collection of Magic The Gathering cards fetched $32,201
As far as what’s more commonly purchased, over the holidays:
· A watch was purchased every 3 seconds
· An Apple Watch was purchased every 13 seconds
· A laptop was purchased every 9 seconds
· A Fitbit was purchased every 15 seconds
· A drone was purchased every 18 seconds
· And an iPhone 7 was purchased every 30 seconds
John says that EPN team members turn to eBay often to buy and sell both unique and everyday items. Watch the episode to see what John and a handful of others have purchased recently – everything from sought-after toys to a nostalgic anniversary gift to a refrigerator.
If you’re inspired by these stats and highlights and want to know where you can find trending and interesting items to share with your visitors, John says to bookmark explore.ebay.com. This site analyzes sales data to tell you what’s trending, what’s popular, and what prices you can expect for top items in the US, UK, Germany and Australia.
How do you uncover interesting items in your niche, and have you made any especially interesting eBay purchases? Let John and the rest of our team know by sharing in the comments section below.