As an eBay partner, you have 24 hours after someone clicks on your link for them to convert if you want to earn commissions on their purchases. Over the years we have worked to improve discoverability of relevant inventory through on-site search, merchandising, and featuring the best, most unique inventory. But what does it mean for you?
To maximize your earning potential, we’ve laid out 7 of the most effective techniques that you can start using in your EPN campaigns today.
- If you’re promoting via email, a blog, or advertising, use phrases like “For a limited time” and “While supplies last.” This way, you’ll emphasize urgency, instill FOMO (Fear of Missing Out), and drive your visitors to make purchases ASAP.
- Try retargeting. If you aren’t familiar, it’s the digital marketing practice of using ads that automatically personalize content for each end-user. This helps you scoop up shoppers that have already begun the buying cycle.
- Psst- We have a tool coming soon that does this for you. Stay tuned.
- What would your audience say about you? 93% of consumers say that online reviews impact purchase decisions. Secure third party validation like testimonials to instill confidence and close sales faster.
- Offer eBay deals with a deadline. Incentives like coupons and rewards that have an expiration date will entice shoppers to purchase now.
- Demonstrate why a deal is a great offer. Is the price the lowest on the internet? Is it the lowest it’s been in weeks? Context makes your content more convincing. To help you effectively promote these deals, we share what items are worth here.
- Ride the momentum of the eBay brand. A clickable eBay logo on the sidebar of your blog’s homepage can be a great way to remind the customer to return to their cart. Make sure you hyperlink the image with your affiliate link generated by our easy to use Building Links tools. To download our logos, visit our Creatives Gallery.
- Make it even easier for your traffic to checkout fast by letting your visitors shop eBay, purchase, and track their orders without ever leaving your site with our Buy API. For all of our APIs, click here.
- You don’t need to be a developer to expedite conversions. Bring your traffic closer to the point of purchase by promoting links that will land them directly on an item or specific category, rather than the eBay homepage.
- Be accurate with the image you pair with your affiliate links to ramp up click-through. If the landing page does not match the image used on your site, customers are more likely to bounce than continue shopping and/or purchase, and search engines may penalize you.
Last but not least, remember what eBay is all about: The best inventory, at the best price. We have what everyone wants, even when it’s sold out in stores. As the holiday season approaches, your audience will be racing to buy the hottest items before anyone else. For example: On Black Friday 2016, Hatchimals were purchased every 30 seconds on eBay. For 2017, Fingerlings will be one of the top kids’ toys and are already flying off the shelves. To stay up-to-date on the retail holiday hunt, bookmark our Top Selling Items page and keep an eye out for more insider tips from us as you gear up for the ultimate shopping season.
If you have any questions or feedback, we’re here to help. Send us a message anytime at AskEPN@ebay.com.