In our commitment to your success, we are constantly testing, measuring and implementing key findings to optimize your performance for maximum conversion. That’s why we’re investing in a new, product-based commerce (PBC) initiative based on experimentation and trends in buyer behavior to enhance your audience’s experience on eBay.
Help your buyers find their version of perfect more quickly and easily with this modernized, streamlined shopping experience. With PBC, you can empower your audience to compare products, find the best deals and make purchase decisions seamlessly.
In short, PBC applies artificial intelligence, augmented reality and distributed commerce to find patterns and trends across our data so that you can deliver highly personalized results and help shoppers find the things they really want.
Here are 5 key ways PBC supports your continued optimization and success.
1. Geared towards buyers’ expectations to increase your conversions: Today’s shoppers expect fast, accurate results that make it simple for them to find items that best suit their interests, timeline and budget. With PBC, items are grouped so that you can meet their evolving needs and behaviors, and expedite purchase decisions.
2. Expanding and improving the eBay catalog for your campaign success: Increase your relevancy and earning efficiency with our product-based catalog, which is constantly evolving to better align your promotions with your buyers’ needs and behaviors. As a critical component of PBC, we’re working closely with our sellers to refine the catalog to ensure the accuracy of how each listing relates to your audience’s search.
We’ve already started to make changes to our categories, which will continue to rollout throughout 2018. We value your expertise and welcome your suggestions for edits to the catalog to ensure the accuracy of the catalog products.
3. A new PBC page type you can link to now for higher earnings: Boost your conversion rate by providing an expedited journey that more easily identifies the best items and deals with our new Group Similar Listings (GSL) pages.
The GSL pages connect products to enable consistent, global experiences with the best inventory that cater to the fast-emerging (and sticky) trend of comparison-based, instantaneous searches by today’s online shoppers. These pages are ideal for partners who want to provide their audience with better products and competitive prices at a quicker rate. As the name implies, they group together verified items connected to the same eBay catalog product that best matches what the user is searching for.
For example, search for an electronic such as an iPhone 7 using this URL:
Once you’re on that page, click on “Group Similar Listings” in the top right corner. This will reduce the number of results, and group them into products.
When “Group Similar Listings” is selected, the URL changes to:https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=iphone+7&_sacat=0&rt=nc&_prodsch=1&_dmd=1
(The Grouped Listings URL changes from &_prodsch=0 to &_prodsch=1.)
GSL is currently available for several selected product lines in US, UK, AU and CA and will rollout to expanded categories later this year.
4. Harness the power of images to show, not tell: You’re already seeing how images are profoundly evolving e-commerce with eBay’s own Shop The Room. In fact, it’s a critical way today’s shoppers are comparison shopping, for example by taking a photo of a product in a store or grabbing a screenshot, and then using it to search on eBay.
5. Catered conversions with personalization at the user level: As we continue to personalize shopping on eBay, we’ve recently launched Interests, a new feature that tailors the shopping experience to an individual’s passions, hobbies and style. For partners, this means that the traffic you drive to our platform will be greeted with a more customized experience -- accelerating your earnings by delivering more of the products that they love to buy.
Bonus! Coming soon: Starting this summer, we’ll be making coupon codes easier than ever for your buyers to apply. Improvements will be seen across our platform on all devices, and throughout the phases of the eBay buying journey. Stay tuned for more details.
Have questions or feedback about PBC? Email us anytime at AskEPN@ebay.com.