In early January, professionals from over 70 countries converged in Las Vegas to learn the latest industry updates, make new connections, strengthen partnerships, and discover new practices and technology for their businesses at the 15th annual Affiliate Summit West (ASW).
Our own Director of Business Operations, John Toskey joined the panel “It Takes an Ecosystem: Teaming Up to Fight Fraud Together,” alongside thought leaders Brian Fox of AdAction Interactive, Brian Marcus of HasOffers and Vivian Chang of RetailMeNot. Attendees left equipped with new insights, processes and techniques to tackle fraudulent traffic and suspicious activity.
The top 3 trends that were being discussed in nearly every corner at ASW included:
● Affiliates are diversifying their traffic, globally.
Companies are making strategic moves to not just become bigger, but also grow stronger. They are eyeing new markets globally and are aiming to diversify their user base with new shopper segments. Tools and techniques were shared openly- from optimizing for search and mobile to customizing their promotions with eBay’s Spectrum of Value.
● Access to data with advanced integrations is a priority.
○ The power of real-time, granular shopping data behind an advanced ecommerce interface isn’t just a goal that CTOs are hoping to reach. It’s a new standard for how the top tier of affiliate sites will run in 2018. By integrating with Adobe’s Data Management Platform (DMP), for example, some eBay partners can access our niche shopper segments in real-time.
● Unique affiliate business models are on the rise as more influencers and platforms enter the landscape.
○ Affiliate marketing is a young person’s game, too. With the current surge of new and exciting ways to create and share content, it’s obvious that some bright minds are setting fresh ideas in motion. New models include reward mobile apps like Ibotta, social influencer networks like rewardStyle, and video influencer networks like MagicLinks.
Of course, ASW wouldn’t be complete without spending valuable time in-person with our eBay partners in attendance. We were delighted to connect with everyone who was able to join us for the eBay Partner Network cocktail event at Topgolf at the MGM Grand Hotel.
Did you attend ASW? If so, let us know in the comments what you enjoyed most this year.