Realize Your Incremental Revenue by Participating in A/B Testing on the eBay Experimentation Platform
Different than last-click revenue, incremental revenue represents listings that would not have been purchased without the influence of a specific partner or campaign. To help you realize and reward your incremental value as an eBay Partner, we’ve designed a technical framework and methodology specifically for premium partners like you- Our Experimentation Platform ("EP").
With higher confidence, you get the competitive advantage of the best commission rate possible.
You'll be set to become eligible for rate increases when the opportunities arise, and safeguarded from price cuts. Additionally: Your rates will maintain priority over similar, un-tested partners.
- Gateway to better rates, higher budgets: Proven higher incrementality lays ground for additional budgets, rates (as SPFs, bonus, make goods for entire or specific parts of the portfolio)
- Competitive advantage: Partners conducting tests get the highest confidence, others (look-alikes) get 40% lower value
- Insights & growth: Tests to help discover growth pockets (mobile, verticals), measuring & rewarding improvements on partner side
True Performance Marketing with Data-Driven Thinking
To gain confidence in your impact to eBay, we’ll measure your incrementality, along with elasticity, market conditions and marketing budget guides via A/B testing on the eBay EP. By doing so, we will be able to track whether or not your shoppers converted into buyers because of your eBay Partner Network ad.
- Who it's for: Ideal for partners that want to do incrementality testing but don’t have the technical capabilities to properly randomize and track their audience. Many times we learn our partners are more valuable than we thought they were!
- For your consideration: Your team will need to be able to implement an impression pixel, ID and recognize users via a Cookie Drop or other method, build an API call, and suppress eBay links/content for given users.
Partners that do Incrementality Tests have the highest confidence behind their numbers.
Any similar publishers that haven’t done a test immediately get lower rates than their tested counterparts. Those with high incrementality and elasticity (ability to drive more sales with higher commissions) are top-of-mind for extra spend when budget becomes available.
- One content publisher with 250 domains saw a Gross Merchandise Bought (GMB) lift in all but 16 of them from incrementality testing (see chart below)