This EPN Network Agreement (“Agreement”) is made by and between you (“you” or “Affiliate”) and eBay Partner Network, Inc. (“EPN”), a Delaware corporation with an address at 2145 Hamilton Ave., San Jose, CA 95125. This Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions applicable to your participation in EPN’s affiliate network (the “Network”) pursuant to which you may earn performance-based compensation through approved promotional methods that display or direct end users to participating websites and that result in Qualifying Transactions (as defined below).
This Agreement was published on the Network website on January 17, 2018. If you joined the Network on or after January 17, 2018, the terms set forth herein shall apply to you immediately. If you were already a member of the Network on December 19, 2016, these terms will take effect for you in accordance with the “Amendment” section of the version of the EPN Network Agreement that you accepted when you joined the Network.
- Registration and Your Account
- Tracking and Reporting
- Compliance, Audits, and Remedies
- Intellectual Property
- Term and Termination
- Representations, Warranties, and Disclaimers of Warranties
- Indemnification Obligations; Limitation of Liability
- Exhibit A: Code of Conduct
Advertiser – eBay Inc. or an eBay Corporate Family Member that elects to participate in the Network, as specified in the applicable Program Details.
Affiliates – A company or individual entity that participates in the Network to earn compensation for Qualifying Transactions.
Agent – A sub-affiliate, sub-publisher, distribution partner or other similar third-party relationship through which an Affiliate participates in a Program. Agents are subject to EPN’s prior written approval in accordance with Section III.C.
- Applicable Law – All national, state, and local (1) laws, ordinances, regulations, and codes and (2) orders, requirements, directives, decrees, decisions, judgments, interpretive letters, guidance and other official releases of any regulatory authority that apply to you or the performance of your obligations hereunder.
- eBay – eBay Inc. and eBay Corporate Family Members, collectively.
- eBay Corporate Family Member – An entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with eBay Inc. “Control” means possessing, directly or indirectly, the power to direct or cause the direction of the management, policies and operations of such entity, whether through ownership of voting securities, by contract or otherwise.
- Link – A hyperlink embedded in a Promotional Method that allows an end user to click to Participating Sites and Content.
- Participating Sites and Content – Any Advertiser website or content that is promoted by Affiliates, as described in the applicable Program Details.
- Program – A performance-based marketing program to promote Participating Sites and Content as set forth in the applicable Program Details.
- Program Details – The terms and conditions that govern an Affiliate’s participation in a particular Program (available at https://partnernetwork.ebay.com/legal#program-details).
- Promotional Content – Buttons, banners, widgets, text, Software Applications and other creative content that are used by Affiliates to promote Participating Sites and Content.
- Promotional Method – The methods by which Affiliates promote Participating Sites and Content, which may include Promotional Content.
- Promotional Tools – Tools or API platforms that may be provided by EPN or a third party that Affiliates may use to create their own Promotional Content.
- Qualifying Transaction – An activity by an end user that qualifies the Affiliate to receive compensation, as described in the Program Details.
- Software Application – A software application developed by an Affiliate to be used in a Promotional Method.
- Tracking Code – A tracking code provided by EPN that is embedded in Promotional Methods to track the Qualifying Transactions.
- Registration and Your Account.
- Registration. To participate in the Network, you must agree to the terms herein and register to use the Network (registration page available at https://partnernetwork.ebay.com/) to use the Network. EPN will notify you if EPN accepts or rejects your application. EPN may in its sole discretion reject your application and terminate the Agreement for any reason without any compensation to you. You may not apply without EPN’s prior written consent if EPN has previously terminated your account or if you are a vendor or agency of EPN. You may not register more than one account without prior written approval from EPN. EPN must accept your application before you may develop any Promotional Content or any Promotional Method.
- Accurate Information. You must provide EPN with and maintain complete and accurate information about you (including your payment and tax information) and your Promotional Methods during your participation in the Network. EPN has the right to confirm or verify the truth and accuracy of your registration and account information at any time in its sole discretion.
- Account Security. You are responsible for all activity on your Network account and for loss, theft or unauthorized disclosure of your password (other than as a result of EPN’s gross negligence or willful misconduct or omission). You must provide EPN with prompt written notification of any known or suspected unauthorized use of your account or breach of the security of your account.
- Your Relationship with EPN and the Advertisers. Your participation in the Network and any Program do not constitute a direct contractual relationship between you and any Advertiser. However, Advertisers are explicitly designated as third-party beneficiaries to this Agreement in relation to rights they wish to rely upon or enforce against you. You may not misrepresent or embellish the relationship between EPN, the Advertiser and you.
- eBay and eBay’s Programs. Your eBay account must be in good standing at all times in order for you to participate in the Network.
- Program Details. The Program Details define the Program, Qualifying Transaction and specific terms of compensation that are applicable to any Program that you participate in. In the event of any conflict between the terms of this Agreement and the Program Details, the Program Details will control.
- Code of Conduct. Your use of any Links, Promotional Tools, Promotional Content, or Promotional Methods are subject to the Code of Conduct attached as Exhibit A and incorporated herein by reference.
- Use of any Agents requires EPN’s prior written approval, which may be revoked at any time.
- You are limited to a single tier of Agent relationships.
- You may not work with Agents that have previously been terminated by EPN.
- You are responsible for your Agents’ activities in any Program. Any violation by your Agents of the Agreement shall constitute a violation by you, and EPN shall have full recourse against you with respect to such a violation, including without limitation, suspension, or termination from the Program, specific performance, injunctive relief, and attorneys’ fees.
- Your contract with your Agents shall expressly exempt EPN from any liability.
- Upon EPN’s request you must provide documentation of all Agents’:
- identifying information, which shall include:
- in the case of a natural person, the Agent’s first and last name, physical address, country, telephone number, and email address; and
- in the case of corporations, partnerships, proprietorships, limited liability companies, organizations, associations, cooperatives, agencies, or other legal entities, entity details and the first and last name, physical address, country, telephone number, and email address for the natural person or persons who own, manage, or control the Agent;
- unique tracking information; and
- identifying information, which shall include:
- You must establish and maintain a functioning e-mail address or other internet-based mechanism for consumers to report complaints regarding any Agent and make best efforts to associate each complaint with the Agent that is the subject of the complaint. You must identify by tracking information and identifying information any Agent associated with any suspected violation of this Agreement. You must promptly investigate any complaints received through this mechanism and immediately terminate any Agent that you reasonably determine has engaged, or is engaging, in violations of Applicable Law or this Agreement. You must also provide to EPN all reasonable assistance in case one of your Agents is infringing the Agreement.
- Tracking and Reporting.
- Tracking. For EPN to track Qualifying Transactions, you must include and maintain the Tracking Code provided to you by EPN within your Promotional Methods. You may not modify the Tracking Codes in any Promotional Methods.
- Access to Tracking and Reporting Tools. EPN may provide you with access to tracking and reporting tools and other support services. Data from such tools and services are not available on a real-time basis and may have reporting delays.
- Qualifying Transactions.
- Subject to other provisions in this Agreement you will be compensated for each Qualifying Transaction in accordance with the applicable Program Details. There may be exceptions to the rate card shown in the applicable Program Details for certain Affiliates or certain circumstances. Compensation will be calculated based on EPN’s tracking data at the end of each month, which is definitive and shall control in the event of any tracking dispute.
- If an end user has clicked on multiple Links from different Affiliates prior to a Qualifying Transaction (resulting in multiple cookies placed on the end user’s computer), EPN shall only compensate the Affiliate whose Link was the last clicked by the end user so long as the applicable Advertiser did not conduct any promotional activities (a) subsequent to such click and prior to the Qualifying Transaction and (b) that would have placed a cookie overwriting the cookie from the last Affiliate’s Link.
- EPN has the right to change any existing Program Details with respect to Qualifying Transactions and compensation in its sole discretion with three (3) days’ notice to you.
- Timing. Subject to Section II.B (Accurate Information), each month, EPN will issue to you any positive balance in your account for transactions reported for the previous month, so long as your account balance exceeds the required minimum account balance of 10 USD, 10 CAD, 10 EUR or 10 GBP, as applicable. The number or amount of transactions, credits for payments and debits for chargebacks as calculated by EPN shall be final and binding on you.
- Form of Payment. The currency of your account is determined by your country of residence. You can collect payments (a) with a verified PayPal account or (b) by direct deposit if available for your country of residence. The conversion rate will be determined in accordance with EPN’s operating standards using the rates prevailing on the date the Qualifying Transaction is completed.
- Taxes. You are responsible for any taxes that may be due in connection with your participation in the Network or otherwise on the services provided by you. EPN does not pay additional compensation to you for taxes. If the withholding of any tax is required in respect of any payment to you, EPN will (1) withhold the applicable amount from such payment and (2) pay such amount to the relevant authorities in accordance with any Applicable Law in the relevant jurisdiction(s). Upon request from you, EPN will provide a copy of the tax receipt documenting payment of the tax to the relevant authorities. You agree to complete and provide to us or to the applicable taxing authority at least 10 days prior to the payment due date, such forms, certifications or other documents as may be reasonably requested by EPN, to reduce or exempt withholding taxes with respect to payments made to you when and where required by Applicable Law. If it is later determined that EPN should have withheld and/or paid additional tax but did not withhold or pay such tax, then you shall pay the applicable tax and hold EPN harmless from any penalties or interest thereon.
- Non-Payment, Withholding, Reversal and Chargebacks
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, EPN shall have no duty to pay you for Qualifying Transactions during any current or previous month when you were in breach of this Agreement or if EPN, in its sole discretion, has reason to believe that you or your Agent(s) have breached this Agreement or have engaged in potentially fraudulent activities.
- EPN may debit your account in an amount equal to a payment previously made to you or a compensation that has been credited to your account, but has not been paid yet, if EPN determines in its sole discretion that there has been (a) duplicate entry or other clear error; (b) non-bona fide transactions or other fraudulent activity; (c) a breach of, or other failure to complete or reversal of the Qualifying Transaction; or (d) failure to comply with any terms of this Agreement. EPN may apply a chargeback to your account at any time, including previous payment cycles.
- EPN will make all commercially reasonable efforts to pay any positive balance that is due to you. In certain circumstances, based on EPN’s records, it may not be possible for EPN to pay you because for a period of 24 months or more: (a) your account has been inactive, meaning that you have not logged into your account or you have not accepted funds, payments or other amounts that EPN has attempted to pay or deliver to you; (b) EPN has been unable to reach you, or has not received adequate payment instructions from you, after contacting you at the email address shown in EPN’s records; or (c) you have not generated the minimum amount of commissions to qualify for payment. In these circumstances, EPN may, without further notice to you, turn the unpaid or undelivered amounts over to the applicable regulatory authorities in accordance with Applicable Law.
- Tracking and True-Up Payments
- Although EPN strives to track all Qualifying Transactions accurately, there may be instances where EPN fails to track all Qualifying Transactions.
- In cases where EPN discovers that EPN has failed to capture all Qualifying Transactions, EPN shall strive to determine the discrepancies between intended and actual Qualifying Transactions and conduct true-up payments. If EPN deems appropriate, EPN may design a methodology for calculating true-up payments in EPN’s sole discretion.
- Qualifying Transactions.
- User Information Received from EPN. In connection with your participation in the Network and the Programs, EPN may make available certain information that relates to an EPN or eBay user, browser or device (“EPN User Data”). EPN User Data is EPN’s Confidential Information. You may not use EPN User Data other than for the purpose for which it was provided to you, and under no circumstances to create or augment audience profiles.
- EPN Access to Affiliate End User Data. EPN may request access to information regarding your end users when necessary to enforce EPN’s rights under this Agreement or to verify your compliance with your obligations under this Agreement. You agree to provide EPN with access to such information.
- Affiliate’s Compliance with Relevant Privacy Regulations.
- You must maintain and post a privacy notice in your websites or applications that complies with all Applicable Laws, including full and accurate disclosure of:
- your collection, use and disclosure of visitor information,
- your use of third-party technology, including EPN’s tracking technology,
- You agree that you are responsible for all personally identifiable information that you collect from end users and that you must obtain valid consent from end users to collect, use or disclose this information as required by Applicable Law. You further agree that unless you have the valid consent of the end user, you may not enable the Tracking Code to collect any personally identifiable information from end users or otherwise profile end user activities.
- You must maintain and post a privacy notice in your websites or applications that complies with all Applicable Laws, including full and accurate disclosure of:
- Compliance, Audits and Remedies.
- Supplier Code of Conduct. In participating in the Network, you agree to abide by the eBay Supplier Code of Conduct available at https://www.ebayinc.com/global-impact/responsible-practices/, as the same may be updated from time to time.
- Right to Audit. EPN and its service providers have the right to audit your or your Agent’s sites or activities in relation to your and your Agent’s participation in the Network and the Programs. You shall not block or otherwise interfere with such audit, and EPN and its service providers may use technical means to overcome any methods you may use to block or interfere with such audit. To the extent not prohibited by Applicable Law, audits may include requests for documents and server logs, and visits to your facilities and those of your Agents. Your failure to reasonably comply with EPN’s efforts to audit your or your Agents’ compliance with this Agreement shall constitute a material breach of this Agreement. If Applicable Law does not allow you to share server logs with EPN, you must provide EPN with other proper proof of traffic that you sent to Participating Sites and Content.
- Remedy for Breach. If EPN in its sole discretion believes that you or your Agents have breached this Agreement or that you or your Agents have engaged in fraudulent activity, it may take any and all steps it deems appropriate including without limitation:
- Issue a warning;
- Conduct an investigation;
- Suspend your account from participating in a specific Program or from the Network as a whole;
- Terminate your account from a specific Program or from the Network as a whole; or
- Withhold or recover any compensation.
In addition to any other available remedies, EPN may seek specific performance, injunctive relief and/or attorneys’ fees in its sole discretion.
- Suspension. – If EPN suspends your account from the Network or a Program, you will no longer get paid for any future activity. You are required to immediately remove all Promotional Methods. EPN in its sole discretion may reinstate your account in the event you have taken all necessary remedial actions to EPN’s satisfaction.
- Intellectual Property.
- Promotional Content. When your application to the Network is accepted, EPN grants you a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable (unless EPN approved your use of Agents), worldwide, royalty-free license to display Promotional Content for the duration of your participation in a Program.
- Promotional Tools. When your application to the Network is accepted, EPN grants you a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable (unless EPN approved your use of Agents), right to use the Promotional Tools that EPN makes available to you solely to facilitate your participation in the Program. EPN reserves all rights in the Promotional Tools, including all intellectual property rights. The use of a Promotional Tool may be subject to further terms and conditions that you must accept.
- Use of Your Marks. You authorize EPN and the Advertisers for the Programs that you are participating in to use your trademarks, service marks, tradenames, company names and copyrighted material that you provide to promote your participation in the Program.
- Your Use of eBay Proprietary Rights. You acknowledge that you obtain no proprietary rights in eBay’s or any eBay Corporate Family Member’s trademarks, service marks, trade names, URLs, copyrighted material, patents and patent applications or other intellectual property, and agree not to challenge eBay’s or any eBay Corporate Family Member’s proprietary rights in any way. You must use all EPN provided content and services in a way that does not, in EPN’s sole discretion, blur or dilute, tarnish or adversely affect eBay’s or any eBay Corporate Family Member’s proprietary rights.
- Your company name, keyword for paid search, trademark, trade name, brand, shop sign, domain name, or URL (specifically, any term before the third “/” of your URL) may not (a) incorporate in part or in full any of eBay’s trademarks (including without limitation eBay and Half), trade names, company names, brands, shop signs, domain names or URLs (including the translations and transliterations), or any variations thereof; or (b) consist of a generic or descriptive term followed by “Bay”. You may not display your company name, branding or trademark in an uneven, staggered, multi-color format that in EPN’s sole discretion invokes the distinctive multi-color eBay logo.
- Use of eBay Corporate Family Members’ Names and Logos. You may use eBay’s name or logo in the name of a software tool or application only in accordance with the requirements below and subject to EPN’s prior written approval:
- You may use “eBay” only in a descriptive manner. For example, “eBay Fee Calculator” is not acceptable while “Fee Calculator for eBay” would be acceptable.
- You must capitalize “eBay” as “eBay” or “EBAY” only.
- You may not combine a generic or descriptive name with the “BAY” prefix or suffix (e.g., “CalculatorBay” or “eBaygle”).
- You may not use eBay as a verb (e.g., “eBaying”).
- You may not modify any eBay logo provided to you by EPN.
- You may only use one color if you use block letters to display an eBay Corporate Family Member’s name; multiple colors invoking the eBay Inc. logo is prohibited.
- You may not use an eBay logo within a sentence.
- Retention of Rights. Any and all proprietary rights, goodwill and other benefits and rights resulting from the use hereunder of trademarks, trade names or company name inures to the benefit of the owner.
- Third-Party Disputes. In the event of a third-party claim against EPN’s or the Advertiser’s intellectual property or right to offer any service or good or if such a claim is likely in EPN’s opinion, EPN shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to take any action to terminate the practices responsible for such third party claims and/or to secure, at its expense, the right to continue using the intellectual property or good or service, and/or to replace or modify the same to make it non-infringing or without misappropriation.
- Confidentiality. In connection with your participation in the Network and the Programs you may be provided with data and information that is confidential and proprietary to EPN or the Advertiser(s), as is designated by the disclosing party or that is reasonably understood to be proprietary or confidential (“Confidential Information”). Confidential Information does not include information: (a) that is or becomes publicly available through no act or omission of the receiving party; (b) disclosed to the receiving party by a third party not bound by any confidentiality obligation with respect to such information; (c) developed by the receiving party independent of the disclosing party’s Confidential Information; or (d) that is in the possession of the receiving party and not subject to any duty of confidentiality as of the date you accept the terms of this Agreement. You agree to use the same degree of care, but no less than a reasonable degree of care, to maintain the confidentiality of and to protect any proprietary interests of EPN or the Advertiser. You may deliver a copy of such Confidential Information (i) pursuant to a subpoena issued by any court or administrative agency, (ii) to your accountants, attorneys or other agents (“Representatives”) solely on a need-to-know basis in connection with the performance of your obligations or rights under this Agreement and the applicable Program Details; provided that (x) you are responsible for the compliance of your Representatives hereunder and (y) such Representatives shall be subject to a written confidentiality agreement or otherwise subject to fiduciary obligations of confidentiality covering the confidential treatment of Confidential Information, with confidentiality restrictions no less protective than those provided in this Agreement and (iii) otherwise as required by Applicable Law, upon written notification to EPN. Upon termination of this Agreement or your participation in a Program, you must destroy or return any Confidential Information provided to you under this Agreement and, if requested by EPN, provide a certification of destruction.
- Term and Termination.
- Term. The term of this Agreement begins when you accept the terms of this Agreement at registration and shall continue until terminated in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. EPN’s rejection of your application automatically terminates the Agreement.
- Termination by Affiliate You may terminate this Agreement upon three (3) days’ written notice.
- Termination by EPN or an Advertiser
- Without Cause. EPN may terminate (i) this Agreement, (ii) your account, (iii) any of your Agents, (iv) your use of a Promotional Method, or (v) your participation in a certain Program, at any time for convenience in its sole discretion upon three (3) days’ notice.
- With Cause. EPN may terminate (i) this Agreement, (ii) your account, (iii) any of your Agents, (iv) your use of a Promotional Method, or (v) your participation in a certain Program, for cause with immediate effect. Incidents that may cause EPN to terminate this Agreement for cause include, but are not limited to:
- If EPN suspects that you or your Agent are responsible for the improper functioning of Links, Promotional Content or Promotional Tools or if you otherwise interfere with or fail to maintain the Tracking Code.
- If a third party disputes your right to use any link, domain name, trademark, service mark, trade dress, or right to offer any service or good offered through any of your Promotional Methods.
- If EPN determines you are diluting, tarnishing, blurring or adversely affecting an Advertiser’s proprietary rights.
- If EPN suspects that you or your Agent are engaging in deceptive practices or false advertising.
- If you engage an Agent who eBay has previously prohibited from participating in the Network.
- If you and EPN are unable to mutually agree upon a written remediation plan for your failure to comply with the obligatory portions of the eBay Supplier Code of Conduct as described in Section VII.A.
- Termination of Programs. Programs and Program Details may be discontinued at any time.
- Upon termination EPN will deactivate all accounts that are linked to you as a participant in the Network. You shall no longer accrue payments in your account, including but not limited to subsequent Qualifying Transactions where the clicks on the Links occurred prior to termination. If EPN terminates this Agreement for cause, you may not register for the Network again or participate in the Network as an Agent for another Affiliate.
- Subject to the payment terms in Section V(D), upon termination of this Agreement, EPN will pay any outstanding payments to you within ninety (90) days of the termination date, and you must pay us any outstanding debit balance within thirty (30) days of the termination date. Upon termination of this Agreement, you must immediately remove all Promotional Methods. Provisions of this Agreement that by their nature and context are intended to survive the termination of this Agreement (e.g. audit, confidentiality, indemnification, limitation of liability, misc., etc.), shall survive the termination of this Agreement to the extent that and as long as is necessary to preserve a party’s rights under this Agreement that accrued prior to termination.
- Representations, Warranties, and Disclaimer of Warranties.
- Compliance with Law. You represent and warrant that your participation in the Network and the Programs is and shall be in compliance at all times with (1) Applicable Law and (2) the best practices in any jurisdiction in which you target your Promotional Methods.
- Non-Infringement Warranties. You represent and warrant that (1) you have all appropriate authority to operate and to provide content on your website(s); (2) you have all appropriate authority to use any Promotional Method you may choose to use; and (3) any Promotional Content you create, your website(s), any trade names or trademarks used in connection with the Network, and your Promotional Methods do not and shall not infringe any third party’s or eBay’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Not Currently Under Investigation. You warrant that you are not currently under order or investigation by any federal, state, local or international regulatory or law enforcement organization. You must inform EPN if you become under such order or investigation at any point during your participation in the Network.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. EXCEPT AS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT, EPN MAKES NO OTHER REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- Indemnification Obligations; Limitation of Liability.
- Indemnification Obligations. You shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless EPN and the Advertisers and their respective officers, directors, employees, corporate affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and subcontractors (collectively, the “Indemnified Party”) against all claims, liabilities and expenses claimed or incurred by an Indemnified Party as a result of any third party claim (collectively, “Claims”) directly or indirectly arising from or related to (1) any breach by you or your Agents of this Agreement or the Program Details, (2) violation by you or your Agents of Applicable Law, (3) distribution or use of Promotional Methods or Promotional Tools by you, your Agents, or anyone else that you are affiliated with, including, without limitation, any claims relating to advertisements or content; (4) acts or omissions by you or your Agents in using, displaying or distributing any Links, including but not limited to your use of Links in Promotional Methods; (5) any claim that the Indemnified Party is obligated to pay tax obligations in connection with payment made to you pursuant to this Agreement or any Program Details, (6) any violation or alleged violation of any rights of another, including breach of a person’s or entity’s intellectual property rights, (7) your and your Agents participation in the Network or Program(s), and (8) claims arising in connection with any goods or services you or your Agents make available to any person. Should any Claim give rise to a duty of indemnification under this Section, the Indemnified Party shall promptly notify you and will cooperate with you at your expense in the defense of such Claim. The Indemnified Party will be entitled, at its own expense, to participate in the defense of such Claim. Should any Claim give rise to a duty of indemnification, you are obligated to participate in the defense of such claim if requested to do so by the Indemnified Party. Participation in the defense shall not waive or reduce any of your obligations to indemnify or hold the Indemnified Party harmless. You shall not settle any Claim without the Indemnified Party’s prior written consent, and you shall indemnify for any reasonable attorneys’ fees or other costs incurred by an Indemnified Party in investigating or enforcing this Section.
- Limitation of Liabilities. ANY OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY OF EPN UNDER THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE TOTAL OF THE PAYMENTS EPN PAID TO YOU UNDER THIS AGREEMENT DURING THE TWELVE MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE CLAIM. THE EXISTENCE OF ONE OR MORE CLAIMS WILL NOT ENLARGE THE LIMIT. NO ACTION, SUIT OR PROCEEDING SHALL BE BROUGHT AGAINST EPN PURSUANT, OR IN ANY WAY RELATED, TO THIS AGREEMENT MORE THAN ONE YEAR AFTER THE TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT. YOU AGREE THAT NEITHER EPN NOR EBAY SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU, OR ANY THIRD PARTY, FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR CLAIM.
- Remedies. No remedy or election shall be deemed exclusive but shall, wherever possible, be cumulative with all other remedies at law or in equity.
- Benefit of the Bargain. The provisions of this Section are an essential element of the benefit of the bargain reflected in this Agreement.
- Choice of Law/Attorneys’ Fees. This Agreement and the Program Details are governed by the laws of the State of California (USA), except for its conflict of law provisions. The exclusive forum for any actions related to this Agreement and the Program Details shall be in the state courts and, to the extent that federal courts have exclusive jurisdiction, in San Jose, California. The parties consent to such venue and jurisdiction and waive any right to a trial by jury. The application of the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. Your access or use of the Network where illegal is prohibited. You expressly waive and withdraw your rights under any law or statute conferring jurisdiction on the basis of nationality to courts other than the ones expressly designated above.
- Amendment. EPN may amend this Agreement by notifying you by email to the address on your account. Except as stated otherwise in this Agreement or elsewhere, all amended terms shall become effective three (3) days after they are initially published on the Network website. EPN may establish from time to time rules and regulations for the Network as published on the Network website or in the Network and incorporated herein.
- Assignment. Neither party may assign this Agreement without the prior written approval of the other party. Notwithstanding the foregoing, your consent shall not be required for EPN’s assignment or transfer (1) due to operation of law, or (2) to an entity that acquires substantially all of EPN’s stock, assets or business, or (3) to a related entity (e.g., parent or subsidiary of parent).
- Intended beneficiaries. Although Advertisers are explicitly designated as third-party beneficiaries to this Agreement in relation to rights they wish to rely upon or enforce against the Affiliates, in no circumstance may Affiliates or their Agents rely upon or enforce any terms of this Agreement against Advertiser. Agents shall not be deemed third-party beneficiaries pursuant to this agreement and may not rely upon or enforce any terms of this Agreement against EPN.
- No Partnership or Joint Venture. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as creating a partnership, joint venture or agency relationship of any kind between the parties. Neither party shall have the authority or power to bind the other or to contract in the name of or create a liability against the other in any way or for any purpose.
- Notices. All notices must be in writing. Notices will be deemed given: (1) if delivered in person, upon receipt; (2) if delivered by registered mail, return receipt requested, or by an internationally recognized express mail carrier, upon delivery; or (3) if delivered by email, upon delivery. Notice may only be sent to EPN in person or by registered mail at: eBay Partner Network, Inc., Attn: Legal Dept., 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125. Notices may be sent to you via any of the methods described above according to the information provided by you in your account.
- Severability/No Waiver. If any provision of this Agreement is held by any court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, null or void or against public policy, the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. The Parties shall in good faith attempt to modify any invalidated provision to carry out the stated intentions in this Agreement. The waiver of any breach of any provision under this Agreement by any Party shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach, nor shall any waiver constitute a continuing waiver.
CODE OF CONDUCT
To promote ethical and legal business practices, EPN requires that all Affiliates comply with the requirements in this Code of Conduct (“Code of Conduct”).
- Promotional Methods. Subject to the licenses granted in Section VIII of the Agreement:
- Links. EPN may provide you with Links to promote Participating Sites and Content. You may not modify a Link unless it is specifically designed to be modified, and then only within the parameters provided by EPN. If the Links you use are not dynamically updated, you must update the Links upon notification from EPN.
- Promotional Content. EPN may provide you with pre-approved Promotional Content. You may not modify any of this Promotional Content without obtaining EPN’s prior written approval. If you wish to create your own Promotional Content, you must first obtain EPN’s prior written approval. If EPN requests, you must stop using any Promotional Content. All Promotional Content that you create must comply with the Agreement and this Code of Conduct.
- Promotional Tools. EPN may provide you with Promotional Tools for creating your own Promotional Content; for example, an API platform. You agree to:
- Obtain EPN’s prior written approval if you create new tools and applications using the Promotional Tools.
- Use any Promotional Tools only in a lawful manner and only in accordance with the terms of this Agreement and any additional terms applicable to the Promotional Tool;
- Use any Promotional Tool only for the Participating Sites and Content for which it is intended. You may not use any Promotional Tools to drive transactions for any other sites or content;
- Not corrupt, modify or disable the Promotional Tools; and
- Not sell, redistribute, sublicense or transfer the Promotional Tools.
- Prior Consent. All Promotional Methods are subject to EPN’s prior written approval, which may be revoked in EPN’s sole discretion at any time. You agree that you will immediately terminate any Promotional Method at any time at EPN’s request. EPN’s approval of any Promotional Method shall be limited to the Program for which it was approved.
- Clear and Not Deceptive. All Promotional Methods you use must be clearly recognizable as an advertisement for the relevant Participating Sites and Content and not deceptive. You must also secure permission before using any materials protected by third parties’ intellectual or proprietary rights (including without limitation copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights and rights of publicity).
- Disclosure about Relationship with EPN. Note that the Federal Trade Commission requires disclosure of any material connection or relationship when you endorse or promote a product or service to your readers. Affiliate links are considered such a material connection. Please insert a statement such as the below on your website. “When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.” Additionally, any posts on your social media channels (including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) must include #ad, #advertisement, #sponsored, or something similar at the beginning of the post to clearly and conspicuously disclose the posts are an advertisement.
- Examples. Promotional Methods may include:
- e-mail, instant messaging, Internet Relay Chat (“IRC”) channels or other electronic communications;
- downloadable software;
- incentive programs including vouchers or coupons;
- distribution of Promotional Content via distribution partners or ad networks;
- promoting Participating Sites and Content by placing Links in paid search results;
- Promotional Content created by a developer’s program tool or API; or
- holding in-person trainings and classes.
- Prohibited Promotional Methods: You may not engage in the following Promotional Methods and behaviors:
- Promotional Content placed on an Advertiser website itself (for example, in your listings, your “About Me” page, your store or eBay message boards).
- Promotional Content that promotes listings or behavior that violate the Advertiser’s policies
- Redirecting end users from Advertiser sites and services to an Affiliate’s website where the end user could click a Link back to the Advertiser site or service.
- Non-Bona Fide Qualifying Transactions. You may not cause Qualifying Transactions to be made in bad faith, including but not limited to using invisible methods to generate impressions, clicks or transactions that are not initiated by the affirmative and genuine action of an end user, or using any cookie, device, program, robot, iframe or hidden frame, pop-up window or any other operation or process that interferes with EPN’s ability to properly identify and track transactions. Any method that artificially generates clicks, impressions, or activity is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, clicks or impressions generated when you or your Agents click on your own Promotional Content containing Tracking Code, automated clicking tools or traffic sources, robots, or other deceptive software. To be considered valid, clicks and conversions must result from genuine user interest. EPN will use its sole discretion to determine instances of invalid click activity, which may come in different forms and may include activity not due to any deliberate action on your part. EPN is not obliged to disclose details about the functioning of EPN’s fraud detection systems. Because EPN needs to protect its proprietary detection system, EPN may be unable to provide you with all information about your account activity, including any web pages, end users, or third-party services that may have been involved in fraudulent activities.
- Cookie Stuffing. You may not stuff cookies or other tracking tags on an end user’s computer without any affirmative action by the end user. End users that are only viewing your website, Promotional Content or advertisements or while your applications are merely active or open have not taken any affirmative actions.
- Improper Influence. You may not make your own advertising claims. You may not interfere with or seek to improperly influence the referral of an end user to Participating Sites and Content. You may not mislead or trick an end user in any way into clicking on a Link. It must be clear for end users where they are being directed at all times.
- Misdirection, Redirection and Framing.
- Without the prior written approval of EPN, you may not make any express or implied representations, or otherwise create an appearance that a visitor to your website and/or Promotional Content is visiting Participating Sites and Content, for example, by framing or wrapping a site in any manner. You may not design your Promotional Methods in a way that, in EPN’s sole discretion, creates a likelihood of confusion with the website or emails belonging to the Advertiser.
- The URLs to which the Links direct end users must appear in the address line of the browser.
- The back button of the browser must be activated.
- You may not attempt to intercept or redirect traffic from or on, or divert compensation from, Participating Sites and Content or any other Affiliate.
- Middle Servers and URL Cloaking Services. You may not redirect any traffic to middle servers for the purpose of masking your referring source of traffic. Additionally, you may not use URL shortening services (such as tinyurl.com, short.to, and cloakedlink.com) for any purpose whatsoever with the exception of URL shortening services offered by Bitly (Bit.ly), Google (Goo.gl), Hootsuite (Ow.ly), and Buffer (Buff.ly). Also, any of these shorteners can be used on Twitter (t.co) or Facebook (fb.me).
- Direct Linking. You may not direct traffic from Promotional Content or Links served by ad networks or their agents directly to Advertiser sites and services. Similarly, you may not place Promotional Content or Links in any paid search results from any search engine, including but not limited to Google.com, Bing.com or the parallel domains for those properties, or from any of their content networks (such as Google AdSense), if it links directly to an Advertiser’s domain. However, linking from paid placements or paid search placements to a non-Advertiser domain is allowed as long as you do not immediately or automatically redirect end users to Advertiser sites and services. If you buy traffic to your sites through sponsored links, you must ensure that all campaigns add these domains to their list of excluded sites.
- Unacceptable Placements.
- Your Promotional Methods may not incorporate any topics that EPN in its sole discretion considers to fall in any of the following categories:
- sexually explicit materials
- firearms or weapons
- illegal goods, services or activities
- gambling or betting
- discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age
- libel or defamation
- content aimed at children
- content that is otherwise misleading, obscene or hate-oriented
- sniping functionality (meaning the act of including Links in software or a service that automatically places bids or makes purchases via Buy It Now on behalf of eBay members)
- malicious functionalities, such as malware or spyware
- Your Promotional Methods may not engage in misleading activities with respect to title and page description, search engine manipulation, the unlawful use of meta-tags, or otherwise in any manner that EPN in its sole discretion would consider to fall within any of the following categories:
- Your Promotional Methods may not:
- serve a pop-up or pop-under for any Participating Sites and Content in connection with other pop-ups or pop-unders.
- contain dialers or any software that is automatically downloaded without express consent from the end user.
- Your Promotional Methods may not incorporate any topics that EPN in its sole discretion considers to fall in any of the following categories:
- Incentive Programs. Your Promotional Methods may not directly or indirectly offer any reward or incentive (including vouchers or coupons) for any Qualifying Transaction without EPN’s prior written approval. Any subsequent change to an approved incentive program also requires EPN’s prior written approval.
- Search Engine Optimization Guidelines: Your domain name, title and description of your website and the metatags you use must be relevant to the Promotional Content and your website must only appear in a search engine’s result when the content of your website relates to the applicable search query. Your search engine optimization methods must comply with guidelines or best practices published by the applicable search engine.
- Electronic Communications. You may not promote Participating Sites and Content using email or other forms of electronic communication (for example, SMS, instant messaging, or IRC) without EPN’s prior written approval. If you are permitted to use such electronic communications:
- They must comply with the requirements of Applicable Law, such as the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 as in effect at any given time.
- EPN’s or Advertiser’s name may not appear in the “from” line of the message
- Software Applications. You will not promote Participating Sites and Content using Software Applications without EPN’s prior written approval. Such Software Applications must comply with the additional terms in this Section. EPN reserves the right to immediately terminate any Software Applications at any time, with or without notice or cause.
- Installation Requirements.
- Your Software Application may be provided only to end users who affirmatively consent to install it. Your Software Application may not trick end users into installing it.
- Before your Software Application is installed, you must clearly and conspicuously disclose the principal and significant functions.
- EPN prohibits Software Applications installed in any type of bundle with other software of any kind without EPN’s prior written approval. EPN shall determine in its sole discretion what functions constitute bundling, which may include installation bundling. For example, a function in a web browser software that affixes your company’s site as the browser’s start page would constitute a bundling arrangement between your company and the browser software.
- Your Software Application must be easy for end users to remove, using standard practices appropriate for the supported operating system(s) or other platform(s).
- Your Software Application may be provided only to end users who affirmatively consent to install it. Your Software Application may not trick end users into installing it.
- Operation Requirements. Your Software Application may send a user to a Participating Sites and Content via a Tracking Code only in an immediate response to a user’s deliberate and voluntary click (or, for a touch-capable device, tap) on a clearly-labeled Link. Except for any perpetual search box, toolbar button, or similar mechanism that is on screen at all times, your Software Application may not present ads for any other sites, services, Advertisers, or offers when a user visits Participating Sites and Content or when Participating Sites and Content is open on a user’s computer or mobile device. Your Software Application is prohibited if in EPN’s sole discretion it is likely to confuse the end user or trick the end user into thinking the Software Application is part of the Participating Sites and Content. Regardless, if your Software Application presents an ad for Advertiser when the end user is already on Participating Sites and Content, the Software Application must not send the end user to Participating Sites and Content via a Tracking Code on user’s computer or mobile device and you shall not earn compensation for any transaction resulting from such activity.
- Advance Review and Approval by EPN. Before distributing any Software Application or participating in any Program, you must provide EPN with a complete statement of the characteristics of your Software Application. Before EPN provides its approval, you must integrate your Software Application with EPN so EPN may evaluate the integration and its effect on Advertisers’ brand and Advertisers’ customer experience. EPN will withhold all compensation for traffic directed through Software Applications not approved by EPN. If a new version of your Software Application makes material changes to your participation in the Network, you must provide EPN with a complete statement of such changes for written approval. For purposes of this Section, “material changes” include any change to the methods of installation of your Software Application, the partners who distribute your Software Application, or the circumstances in which your Software Application sends end users to Participating Sites and Content.
- Software Application Prohibited Behaviors.
- You may not promote the Network through any Software Application that provides, or purports to provide, sniping functionality; that automatically places bids on behalf of end users; or that automatically makes purchases on behalf of end users.
- You may not operate or distribute Software Applications or participate in any Programs through any Agents or other intermediaries.
- Subject to EPN’s prior written approval, you may not use pop-ups, pop-unders, sliders, or sidebars to promote any Participating Sites and Content, nor may you modify the presentation or appearance of another web site as seen in a user’s web browser. EPN may approve such practices if all such modifications are consistent with the user experience disclosed at the time of installation, if all modifications include clear and conspicuous labels disclosing the modification and provide a mechanism for end users to obtain details, if modifications are not likely to confuse end users, and if your offering in EPN’s sole discretion genuinely delivers real and significant value to end users.
- Your Software Application may not attempt to evade testing, and may not attempt to conceal its practices. The practices of your Software Application should be consistent when run in a virtual environment, from varying IP addresses, and at varying times of day and days of the week.
- Worms, viruses, and trojan horses are strictly prohibited.
- Using Software Applications Provided by Others. If you contract, directly or indirectly, to use a Software Application provided by another person or entity, you are responsible for complying with the requirements of this Section exactly as if the Software Application were your own.
- Installation Requirements.
Scope and Consent
This Privacy Notice describes how eBay Partner Network, Inc. (“ePN”) collects, uses, discloses, retains, and protects your personal information. It applies to any ePN site where this Privacy Notice appears in the footer, and to any ePN application, service, or tool (collectively “Services”) where this Privacy Notice is referenced, regardless of how you access or use them, including through mobile devices.
By participating in the Network you agree to the terms and conditions of the Network Agreement, including this Privacy Notice, and you consent to ePN’s collection, use, disclosure, retention, and protection of your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not provide the information we require, we may not be able to provide all of our Services to you.
You are contracting with eBay Partner Network, Inc. The company you are contracting with is your data controller, and is responsible for the collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal information in accordance with our global privacy standards as well as any applicable national laws. Your data controller may transfer data to other members of the eBay Inc. corporate family as described in this Privacy Notice. We may process and retain your personal information on our servers in the U.S. and elsewhere in the world where our data centers are located.
“Personal information” is information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data or from that data and other information that ePN has or is likely to have access to. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
Changes to this notice
We may change this notice from time to time, and we will post the amended terms at https://partnernetwork.ebay.com and notify you by email of major changes. Amended terms will take effect immediately for new users, and 5 days after they are posted for existing users.
Global Privacy Standards
eBay Inc. has established global privacy standards for all eBay Inc. companies known as our Binding Corporate Rules (“BCRs”). They are our commitment to protect your personal information and honor our privacy obligations regardless of where your personal information is collected, processed, or retained within our eBay Inc. corporate family. Our BCRs have been approved by a number of European Union privacy regulators. That means we are treating your personal information everywhere within our eBay Inc. corporate family according to European Union privacy standards. More information about our BCRs and our global privacy standards is available at our eBay Privacy Center.
The personal information we collect includes the following:
Personal information you give us when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- Account information such as user name, password, and answers to secret questions.
- Personal and company contact information, such as name and title, phone number, email and mailing address.
- Financial information, including VAT ID, tax ID or social security number, bank account and routing number.
- You may provide us other information through a web form, by updating or adding information to your account, through your participation in dispute resolution, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Services.
- Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
- You may be required to use your eBay User ID and password to log into you ePN account in which case eBay will share with us personal information from your eBay account to help facilitate the sign-up process.
Personal information we collect automatically when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- Web log information we collect automatically, including IP address, computer and connection information, tracking code data, browser type and version, operating system and platform, referring and following URLs, and cookie data.
- Information we process about end users on behalf of eBay Inc.
- Information about your interactions, including, for example, your promotional methods and agents, performance statistics, transaction and payout history and support requests.
Personal information we collect using cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies
Personal information from other sources
We may supplement the personal information we collect with information from third parties and add it to your account information. For example, we may collect and use demographic information that is publicly available, additional contact information, credit check information, and information from credit bureaus, as allowed by applicable national laws.
Use and Retention
We may use and retain your personal information as follows:
Provide, improve, and personalize our Services
- Run the Network and our Programs (including, for example, providing tracking and reporting, and compensating you for your participation) and provide you with information and services you request.
- Analyze program trends, monitor and maintain the integrity of the program, promote and improve program capabilities and efficiencies, and prepare aggregated reports.
- Customize, measure, and improve the Services.
- Provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information.
Contact you about your account and provide you customer service
- Contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, or as otherwise necessary to provide you customer service.
For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail.
Personalize our advertising and marketing communications
- Personalize, measure, and improve our advertising.
- Contact you, either via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail in order to: offer you the ability to participate in special promotions, and inform you about our Services and those of our eBay Inc. corporate family. We will use the contact information you have provided to contact you by email, SMS text and/or telephone if you have consented to such contact.
- Deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
Prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities
- Prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- Contact you as necessary to enforce our Privacy Notice, Network Agreement, applicable national laws, any other agreement we may have with you, or other policies.
We retain your personal information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with national laws, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our Network Agreement and take other actions permitted or required by applicable national laws. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we dispose of it in a secure manner according to our data retention and deletion policies.
We may occasionally use the contact information you provide to send you emails or other communications. You may opt out of receiving marketing communications, but you may not opt out of administrative emails (for example, emails about your participation in the Network or our policy changes). You can opt out where available by changing your email preferences in your affiliate account or by using the link provided at the bottom of each marketing email.
As a registered affiliate, you can review and change your personal information by accessing your affiliate account (https://epn.ebay.com/login). You should promptly update your personal information if it changes or becomes inaccurate.
You can request that we close your affiliate account by contacting eBay Partner Network customer support.
As part of our marketing and operation of the Network, we may disclose your personal information to the following parties and for the following purposes:
eBay Inc. corporate family members, who may use it to:
- provide joint services (like registration, transactions, and customer support), help detect and prevent potentially fraudulent and illegal acts, violations of the Network Agreement, and data security breaches.
- guide decisions about their products, sites, applications, services, tools, and marketing communications or for purposes such as internal statistics, strategic decision-making, reviews, identifying trends or authentication and verification. Members of our eBay Inc. corporate family will use your personal information to send you marketing communications only if you have consented to receive such communications from them.
Service providers and partners
- Third party service providers who help us provide the Services, payment processing services, assist us in providing customized advertising, assist us with the prevention, detection, mitigation, and investigation of potentially illegal acts, violations of the Network Agreement, fraud and/or security breaches, and other business operations.
Our service providers are required to keep the information confidential and use it only for the services they provide to us.
To the public
- We may identify you in client lists and use your name and logo in our marketing materials.
Law enforcement, legal proceedings, and as authorized by law
- to comply with our legal requirements, enforce our Network Agreement, respond to claims that any content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property or safety.
- to law enforcement or governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability. We will only disclose information we deem relevant to the investigation or inquiry.
- to credit agencies or bureaus as authorized by applicable national laws.
- to third parties involved in a legal proceeding, if they provide us with a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, or we otherwise believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Change of Ownership
If we were to merge with or be acquired by another company, we may share information with them in accordance with our global privacy standards. Should such an event occur, we will require that the new combined entity follow this Privacy Notice with respect to your personal information. If your personal information will be collected, used, disclosed, or retained for any purposes not covered in this Privacy Notice, you will receive prior notification of the processing of your personal information for the new purposes.
We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls. If you believe your account has been abused, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below.
Our websites are general audience websites, and our Services are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from users in this age group.
Third Party Privacy Practices
This Privacy Notice addresses only the use and disclosure of personal information we collect from you. If you disclose your information to others, or if you are directed to a third party website, their privacy notices and practices will apply.
We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information once you provide it to a third party and we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your partner before choosing to share your information.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or the practices of eBay Partner Network, you may contact Customer Support or send us mail at:
eBay Partner Network, Inc.
Attn: Affiliate Program/Privacy
2145 Hamilton Ave.
San Jose, CA 95125
Advertiser: eBay Inc.
Participating Sites and Content:
Participating Site and Content
Program Description: Directing end users to Participating Sites and Content in exchange for a percentage of the revenue eBay Inc. earns from those purchases.
Payment Structure for Qualifying Transactions: A Qualifying Transaction occurs when (1) an end user makes a purchase within 24 hours after clicking your Promotional Content for a “Buy It Now” item, or (2) an end user places a bid on an auction within 24 hours after clicking your Promotional Content and wins such auction within 10 days for an “Auction” item. For any Qualifying Transactions, you receive a percentage of the revenue eBay Inc. earns from that purchase, based on the category-level commission rates shown below. Note that there are certain items and categories for which eBay Inc. earns low or no revenue; in such cases, you will therefore earn low or no revenue share. These items and categories may include, but are not limited to gift cards, items sold by charities, and special promotional deals.
PROGRAM REVENUE SHARE BY CATEGORY (EFFECTIVE MARCH 1, 2017)
PARTS & ACCESSORIES
HOME & GARDEN
BUSINESS & INDUSTRIAL
NEW OR REACTIVATED BUYER BONUS (as % of Baseline Earnings)
Please note there may be exceptions to the rate card above for certain partners based on business model or other special circumstances.
New or Reactivated Buyer Bonus. As indicated in the table above, you will receive an additional bonus equal to 100% (1x) of your base earnings when Qualifying Transactions described above are made by new buyers or buyers who have not purchased from eBay in the prior 12 months.